Casa Tambor is located in a rural and peaceful area, on a steep hill 50 m above sea level just 300 meters away from the main street. Situated 8 km outside of the World Heritage town of Paraty and 2 km away from the idyllic fisher village “Praia Grande”. Within 30 min walking distance (2 km) there are 5 amazing beaches, restaurants (just opend during the day), natural pools and viewpoints. You can reach this destination by car, by walking, by bike, by bus or by our transfer service. Get more tourist information here: http://casatambor.com/region/
The 2 km distant fisher village Praia Grande offers: grocery, bakery, restaurants, fishmongers and a wonderful beach for swimming. There you can charter a boat and explore the most beautiful beaches of Paraty bay, cross over in 5 min to the Island Araújo or rent a canoe and paddle to lonesome beaches.
For your stay at Casa Tambor it’s good to rent a car if you want to be quick and flexible. you can rent a car either at the agency in Paraty (it costs around 150 R$ daily) or in Rio or Sao Paulo (it’s cheaper).
If you like to be active, walk and explore you can come easily without a car. There are daytrips of 5 km walking (go and return) to beautiful beaches. Also we will help you out for coming around.
The bus stop is on the main road BR 101, 300 m away from Casa Tambor (a steep hill!). Every 30 min there is a bus to Paraty as well as in the other direction. The bus ride takes 15 min to Paraty. Sometimes it can happen that the bus is delayed (just as anywhere in brazil…).
We offer transfer service to Paraty and pick up service at the bus station. Costs: 30 R$ the ride. Taxi from Paraty to Casa Tambor costs 50 R$
Luciano, Katharina and our 5 year old son are living at the location. We are available if you need any help or informations. Katharina is originally from Germany and speaks english, german, portuguese, spanish and a little frensh. In case we would be travelling there is always somebody of our team available.
How to get around:
* the bus station is 300 m down the hill. Just where our road “Gaivota” meets the main road BR 101
* every 30 min. buses or vans pass going to Paraty. You can hop on anyone (give a sign to stop)
* every 30 min. buses pass going to the other direction “Mambucaba”, “Graúna”, “Sao Roque”
* in Paraty there are always buses bringing you back named: “Mambucaba”, “Graúna”, “Sao Roque”
* notice that at night (when it’s dark) it’s better to go by taxi
Casa Tambor – Paraty costs between R$ 45,00 and R$ 50,00
* You can ask us for calling the taxi.
Casa Tambor – Paraty costs R$ 30,00 (per drive)
Casa Tambor – Praia Grande costs R$ 20,00 (per drive)
* Please ask us if you want to have a tranfer.
car rental in Paraty:
* Alugue Brasil – www.aluguebrasil.com.br
* LM- rent a car – www.lumarentacar.com.br